Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

The Fantastic Four enjoying the wonders of a white Christmas!





I realize that I'm posting this before Christmas pictures... surely you are used to me being backwards by now, right?

Well, this is what's on my mind and as I found that actually saying it (my Christmas not to do list) out loud and putting it in print just adjusted my attitude SO MUCH for the better, I think I'm going to be proactive in my approach to the New Year. Ideally, I'll get the kids in on the gig too! I'll post what they come up with later.

So here is Melissa's list of my 2011 priorities:

1. Stay on task with school and finish by the end of April so that testing can be done in May and we can have a long wonderful summer.

2. Keep my priorities with school in order so that I don't get fixated on #1 too much and forget that the biggest blessing/joy/privilege of homeschooling is to cherish every single day with my precious little ones -no matter how big they are.

3. Stay on task with our posted list of daily responsibilities and my own daily-to-do's so that weekends are Daddy time and family fun without guilt.

4. Recognize that we LIVE in our house and Martha Stewart does not, And if she comes to visit..... it better be for the company and not to make sure that my house looks like a magazine cover...... I live here, work here, play here, and rarely do I do all that alone...... life is messy when it's fun. As long as it's clean, organized, and sanitary... I WILL NOT demand perfection.

5. I will start walking the dog every morning once Snowflake is here and I can walk again. He needs it, I need it. It starts my day off right and better. I will probably expect the kids to do this with me.

6. I really want to finish reading the Bible with the kids this year so that we can start it again in 2012 but I won't get bent out of shape if we don't. Perspective, balance, breathe. :D I care more about hearts than checklists.

There are more things on my mind but this is what's really important...... balancing life better. Having a goal but accomplishing it while minding the heart of the matter and not the checklist and by doing so, to instill in my kids the right attitude about diligence and responsibility. I also want to facilitate a real and deep relationship with the Lord that shows my kids what His heart really is...... and hope they follow His example, not mine. If their relationship with Him is built on what Mommy says and does, then it is shallow and won't stand the hard test of life. They must be strong with Him on their own. They must stand on the Rock for themselves......

Happy New Year folks.... I'll get Christmas break pictures together soon!

Check out how deep our snow is!!!

No comments: