Monday, July 11, 2011

YEA!!!!

Rex downloaded our camera so I can post some pictures of the beautiful little precious that has stolen our hearts, captured our fascination, and completely wrapped us all around her adorable little fingers!  Yep, she's the center of our universe and we are all very happy about that!

They let me out of the hospital around 11:00 at night. After the obligatory stop for a beach club sub at Jimmy John's, we made it home at midnight and promptly woke Glitter to meet her sister. Sadly, due to the flu epidemic, the big children weren't allowed to come to the hospital so this was their first meeting. It was magical.

The very next morning, the big children were off to our homeschool group after racing upstairs to get their hands all over her! The squeals of pure joy and fascination are forever embedded in my memory. oooohhhs  and aaaahhhhhhs and, "How tiny!" were precious. She smiled so big when she heard their voices.... she recognized them already.

Daddy is lobbying hard to steal her heart........ I assure you, the fight is intense around here! :)

Snowflake and Ondepenya.... she STILL holds his finger with an iron grip every time he is near. It is cute. He is in love and so is she.

Warrior is sooooooooooooooooo enamored! He is so sweet with her, careful, in awe. He loves to play with her and lay on the floor with her on her play dome. (Please excuse the books. We were studying.)

She's a bit older here but rest assured that he held her day one too. He is her ultimate protector, constantly watching to make sure she is ok. He has an eagle eye out for any danger or off kilter things (like when her blanket gets over her head and scares her.... she can't yet get it off herself. They've all come to know THAT scream. )

Mommy Jr. in action. The beautiful bond between the two is priceless. She is anxiously awaiting my return to work so she can have "her baby" all to herself. hahahaha She is sooooooooo amazing with her. I couldn't ask for a better big sister. Ever. She is going to be one amazing mom when her turn comes. She reads her books and talks to her and changes diapers and snuggles. She is a quick study!

One morning I couldn't find the baby (a rather common occurrence I might add!) and lo and behold, Glitter had snatched her for some "sissy time". Snowflake was watching her first princess movie! She lights up whenever Glitter is around!

Jaja came to visit the day we came home. We've already posted the picture of him with Snowflake but I wanted to post this too. Our homeschool group had a special tribute to WW2 the Friday after Snowflake was born and Glitter had a special part in the "USO" show...... Jaja had to go with us. (Yes I really did take a 5 day old baby?!?! Hey, she's gotta learn early that she's a part of a big family!)

We had a wonderful time with Jaja. Bless his heart, he spent the whole visit quizzing kids for their upcoming test! Thanks Dad. You kept me sane. Here's Glitter on stage!


Next, Nana showed up! God bless her. She cleaned, she tested (the kids), she dealt with me (Snowflake and I had thrush?!??!  She was not gaining weight. I was a neurotic mess and poor Rex was out of town. ugh!) She rescued me BIG TIME. She and her amazing best friend Vickie Russell (LOVE YOU MRS. RUSSELL!!!!!!!!!!!) decorated Snowflake's room from Alabama and Mom put it all together when she got here. Check out how WONDERFUL it looks!!! It's my favorite room in the whole house.






And now.... all of my favorite pictures...... enjoy!












I love this one! You can tell we've spent a lot of time all piled into bed together watching movies and just plain hanging out......... Snowflake gets squished.... alot. By the way, this onesie says, "I'm kind of a big deal." Yep, she IS. :)

Yo, diggy dog, just hangin' with my peeps...... you gotta problem wit dat?

1 comment:

Tara said...

She is so precious! Cannot wait to see more sweet pictures!