Sunday, July 17, 2011

More pictures for ya'

Well, I am beginning the "mourning process" over this summer. I blinked and then looked at the calendar and we start school in 2 weeks. AGH! I am NOT ready to start at all. The school room is still a pitiful mess (though I've been working on it all summer) and I haven't finished getting everything into ready-to-go lesson plans yet. You'd think that after 10 years of homeschooling that I'd be more on top of it but the truth is.... well, not so black and white.... more later :)

Now, about those pictures..... in the days and weeks following Snowflake's arrival, testing for our homeschool group had to get done... I've posted about past years' tests HERE. This year was a major accomplishment for many reasons.

When all was said and done, Electron and Glitter took top honors and Ondepenya and Warrior had to settle for the second tier prize again BUT considering that Snowflake was only 4 weeks old, a trying last few months of pregnancy, I had been working up until she was born and she had thrush and weight loss after birth..... well, I was proud of them.


They had energy to burn! Rex was very sick that night so I didn't get any pictures of the closing ceremony itself. :( But my class was as cute as any 4 yr old class could be, each of my children's classes were very well put together and I was so proud of every class on the stage! I really do love our group.

More catch up updates coming..... at some point our back-up files will get added to what we have downloaded and I'll be able to show you all of those pictures too. And we've had 2 birthdays and 1 this week so that is coming.... 

We've also had to say goodbye to Oreo........ he was really good with Snowflake but after she came he simply could not adjust. He had been getting better but he required more than what we could give so we found a wonderful home with some trainers who had border collies. He went to them wholeheartedly and is very happy in his new home. Here is a picture of the day we said goodbye:

He really did love us and we him but without a fenced in yard and his penchant for snipping at visitors.... we feel we made the right choice for all of us even though it broke everyone's heart. By the way, this is as close to a family picture as we've had!? UGH! I am hopeful that one day soon we will have a picture with everyone in it. :)

No comments: