Friday, June 4, 2010

Testing, testing, 1,2,3?

Ok folks, I (Melissa) am going to attempt to post some pictures! They are piling up on me..... 

Our family had the blessing and privilege of my dad and brother coming to stay with the kids while I went to tutor training for our homeschool group. If I am going to tutor a class next year, I must attend a 3 day training workshop.... and YES! this year I actually learned quite a bit. I'm going to get the 4 yr olds I think. It will be the first time i won't have one of my own kids in my class. THIS! is going to be a hoe-down hoot! I'm so looking forward to it.

So, without further ado..... photos of JaJa and Uncle Jim with fishing poles (total fish count was somewhere around 100?) and shelters constructed from tree limbs. What do you expect when the kids have no TV to watch?  I hear that the trails around the house got thoroughly explored.....  hmmmmmm :D and can you tell Jim got suckered into the go-kart/ gas powered scooters too???? I'm sure they had to REEEEEEALLY twist his arm.

Is there any question as to why my sanity is fragile???  lol LOVE Electron's sense of humor! Please take special note of the matching headgear in the photo of Ondepenya and Uncle Jim! Can we say Mini-Me?

Again with the tongue? This shelter was all Glitter's doing. She's a master craftsman when it comes to forts but she was willing to share space with her brothers. Love my girl.

Bless Dad's and Jim's heart, they day tripped all over town with only the kids' sense of direction and a GPS! The kids formed memories to last a lifetime. Thanks!!! Even the Puffle went into mourning when they left. Wonder how many scraps he got under the table?


Dad and Jim were unable to attend Sweet Pea's funeral due to work conflicts so I was able to take them out to see her grave on what would have been her 9 month birthday. I had promised them I would take them on their first visit up. How special that it was on such an important milestone.

It's not the best picture of her spot. The flash didn't work on the really good angles?!?! Isn't that the way it always is? Oh well, who ever got a really good shot of a 9 month old anyhow??? (I know, morbid joke.... I take laughs where I can find them.)

If this works, I promise to get our recent birthday/sleepover posted as well as the fall out from the spaghetti... oh yeah.... the fallout.... life is so good when momma has a sense of humor too. bwahahahahaha

No comments: