Friday, May 21, 2010

a pinch of salt.....

Get ready to laugh.

Electron, being the sweet adorable cook-in-training that he is, decided that he wanted to make cheese grits for breakfast today. Since mom was seriously down for the count with a very nasty sinus infection, he asked permission before cooking but not help WHILE cooking.

He did not know that "a dash of salt" meant a PINCH! He guessed and added 2 FULL MEASURED OUT TEASPOONS!

Bless his heart for trying. He just can't understand why there was so much left over. After explaining to him the details and differences of "dash, "pinch", and "teaspoon", I promptly thanked him and ate as much as I could.

Today, I'm thankful for the precious kids who jump in to help as best they can when mommy feels crummy. I'm also thankful that Rex figured out it was the pillow on our bed that is making me sick! 4 days of antibiotic left and then I'm home free. Bye bye ugly, orange, corduroy body pillow that I hated anyhow. Enjoy the dumpster,

1 comment:

Tara said...

Maybe the extra salt will help with your sinus issues!